Kids Classes & Camps FAQs
- ◄What to wear?
- Dress For Mess! Acrylic paint does not come out of clothes. We cannot guarantee that clay or other art materials will come out of clothes. Students should always come to the studio dressed for mess.
- ◄Do my kids need to bring anything to class?
- For session classes kids will need to bring a water bottle, and be dressed for mess—acrylic paint does NOT come out of clothes.
- ◄Anything else I need to do before class?
Yes, parents/guardians please discuss the following before student(s) arrive to class. To prepare, it is important for kids to know to take their time, go slow and enjoy the process with their creations.
When creating we will emphasize using different techniques and the art of adding small details. We will encourage enjoying the process, creativity, patience, and attention to detail.
Parents, please discuss this expectation with children before the class in order to ensure your child understands that we will be creating with details and practice in mind.
* Our goal is to maintain a respectful, patient, and creative learning environment. Please note disrespectful and disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated. In the event of misconduct, parents will be called to pick up their child immediately. No refunds or credits for missed time in the event a parent needs to be called if a child is not able continue with the class either partially or permanently due to bullying, or disruptive, violent, inappropriate or disrespectful behaviour.
- ◄What if my child will miss a class?
- If a student misses a class they may attend a catch-up time so they don’t fall behind on their artwork. Maximum ONE catch-up time per session. Catch-up times are purely to ensure completion of projects. Catch-up times do not include any art history or theory content and are purely to ensure completion of projects on time. Catch-up time includes attending their regular class 15 minutes early. Most classes fill so attending another class is not possible. No credits or refunds for missed classes or catch up times. Catch up times cannot be carried over to the next session once a session ends. Catch-up times are offered as a courtesy only and may not always be possible. There are no catch up classes for camps and pa/pd day workshops.
- ◄What if I’m going to be late for class?
- Being on time is important as we have LOTS to do each class! Late arrivals are very distracting for the group and delay class, which can lead to unfinished projects and prevent class from finishing on time. If you know you’ll be late please advise the studio ASAP.
- ◄Can I bring home materials for someone who misses a class?
- No. If a student misses a class they may attend a catch-up time so they don’t fall behind on their artwork. Please see above for more information on catch-up times.